University Hospital LimerickManagement at University Hospital Limerick are asking the public to consider other treatment options after a high number of patients attended the hospital’s emergency department over the Bank Holiday weekend.According to a statement issued on Monday evening, a hospital spokesman said they had “admitted a lot of seriously ill patients recently, many of who remain in the emergency department, awaiting a bed.“We are asking people to think about all their care and treatment options and keep emergency department services for the patients who need them most. For example, many patients with limb injuries can go to the Injury Units in Ennis, Nenagh or St John’s Hospital. These Injury Units are open in Ennis and Nenagh Hospitals from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday and 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday at St. John’s Hospital.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “Others with a less serious illness can be treated by their GP or out of hours GP service where their GP can refer them to an Assessment Unit the following day if required.“However, if you are seriously injured or ill or are worried your life is at risk the ED will assess and treat you as a priority,” the statement concluded.Last week, the UL Hospitals Group issued its Winter Preparedness Plan to the Department of Health, saying it includes new proposals to mange the busiest period at University Hospital Limerick’s new €24 million emergency department.This includes prioritising patients aged 75 and over, and reviewing elective procedures on a daily basis.A new 17 bed medical short stay ward, funded through the Department of Health’s Winter funding initiative, is one of the measures designed to address bed capacity needs.The group is also in discussions with the St John’s Hospital management team regarding a re-opening date for 20 beds that have been closed because of fire regulations. A nursing recruitment campaign is underway and the specific date for re-opening will be set depending on the successful recruitment of these staff. Listless Limerick limp out of Munster Hurling Championship Limerick gardai renew appeal for missing Tipperary teen Linkedin Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Planning in for temporary Emergency Department beds RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Beyond the neon runes Ennis school children learn how to “Keep Safe” with multi-agency roadshow TAGSDepartment of Healthemergency departmentEnnishospital overcrowdinginjury unitslimericknenaghst johns hospitaltreatment optionsUHLUL Hospitals GroupWinter Preparedness Plan NewsHealthLimerick hospital bosses ask people to consider other optionsBy Editor – October 30, 2017 7299 Previous articleCounty Limerick family aim to be Ireland’s fittestNext articleLimerick migrants singing a belonging song Editor Advertisement Print Email Garda appeal to supporters travelling for Limerick V Clare Munster Championship hurling
News UpdatesRepetitive Filing Of Applications Amounts To Abuse Of Process Of Law: SC Slaps Rs. 25K Costs On Adarsh Scam Accused [Read Order] LIVELAW NEWS NETWORK16 Sep 2020 9:50 PMShare This – xThe Supreme Court imposed costs of Rs. 25,000 on Raj Kumar Modi, an accused in Adarsh Scam Case, for filing repetitive filing of interim bail applications.Repetitive filing of applications amounts to abuse of process of law, said the bench comprising Justices L. Nageswara Rao, Hemant Gupta and S. Ravindra Bhat while dismissing his application seeking extension of interim bail…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Supreme Court imposed costs of Rs. 25,000 on Raj Kumar Modi, an accused in Adarsh Scam Case, for filing repetitive filing of interim bail applications.Repetitive filing of applications amounts to abuse of process of law, said the bench comprising Justices L. Nageswara Rao, Hemant Gupta and S. Ravindra Bhat while dismissing his application seeking extension of interim bail on medical grounds.Modi was granted bail by the Court for a period of two months on 15.06.2020 on the ground that his mother was seriously ill. Thereafter he filed an application for extension of interim bail for a further period of six months on the ground that his mother passed away and he had to perform certain rituals. He also submitted that his wife was suffering from serious ailments. This application was disposed by extending he interim bail for a further period of one month. It was made clear that no application for extension of interim bail shall be entertained.Thereafter, the accused filed another application for extension of bail on the ground that he is suffering from epididymitis which is an inflammation of the tube at the back of the testicle. Taking serious note of repetitive filing, the bench observed:”Repetitive filing of applications amounts to abuse of process of law. This application is filed in spite of the order passed by this Court categorically stating that no further application for extension of interim bail shall be entertained. It is no more res integra that petitions/applications filed repeatedly are liable to be dismissed with exemplary costs. Therefore, we dismiss this application with costs of Rs.25,000/-.”The bench, however, observed that appropriate medical care will be provided to Modi.Click here to Read/Download OrderRead OrderNext Story
SAN FRANCISCO — If Bruce Bochy spent spring training envisioning a magical last ride as the Giants’ manager, it didn’t take long for his team to dash his hopes.As the Giants hit the halfway point of the regular season on Friday, Bochy explained his frustration in the way the first 80 games have unfolded.“We’re disappointed,” Bochy admitted. “We look at a lot of these games and think we should have and could have won. A mistake here or there, just not quite executing with little things. That …
Landon Gomes had four rushing touchdowns and Ferndale High completed a sweep of the Little 4 Conference, wrapping up the regular season with a 34-13 win over McKinleyville Friday night at the Redwood Bowl.The senior do-it-all player for the Wildcats couldn’t be stopped Friday night.Gomes opened the scoring for the Wildcats with an 18-yard touchdown run in the beginning of the second quarter to tie the game after a McKinleyville touchdown by Kyler Carr earlier in the game gave the home team an …
The Sandton CBD will be closed to cars during the month-long EcoMobility World Festival over October. Instead, people will be encouraged to use public transport, cycle and walk. Johannesburg hopes they will see the benefits of going car-free and that there will be a permanent shift. This image is a rendering of the Garden Court precinct in Sandton and how it would look like if people used less motorised means of transportation. (Image: EcoMobility Festival) • Active citizenship in South Africa at a healthy level • Research backs up South Africa’s good story • Africans abroad keen to return – Homecoming Revolution report • What African universities can do to attract academics back from the diaspora • The Conversation goes live in Africa Ray MaotaSouth Africa has a vision for its future known as the National Development Plan (NDP) or Vision 2030. To support national growth and development targets, Johannesburg, as the economic hub of the country, has developed its Growth and Development Strategy (GDS) 2040.With the start of the EcoMobility World Festival on 1 October in Sandton, the north-eastern business hub of Johannesburg, both Vision 2030 and the GDS come together. The festival runs from 1 October to 30 October 2015.The EcoMobility World Festival will enable residents and visitors to experience a car-free precinct of the future. A core area of the Sandton CBD will be closed to regular traffic for the duration of the festival. A comprehensive traffic management plan is in place to minimise the temporary impact of disruptions and to keep the public informed about alternative arrangements.One of the aims of the EcoMobility World Festival is to showcase transport system where public transport, walking and cycling are the modes of choice.This links with Johannesburg’s GDS 2040, which envisions the metro as a smart city. A smart city is an environmentally friendly city created out of a combination of concepts and technologies. These include the enhancement of energy efficiency, and water and waste management, coupled with the conservation of resources.Nationally, South Africa has made bold commitments to reduce its carbon emissions, a major cause of climate change. The government has determined to reduce 2009 emissions levels by 34% by 2020, and 42% by 2025. The NDP acknowledges that this will require a move away from the country’s current dependence on fossil fuels, towards a more sustainable development path.“The festival will demonstrate to the world that an eco-mobile future is possible and that public transport, walking and cycling can be accessible, safe and attractive,” said Johannesburg Executive Mayor Mpho Parks Tau.“We want to close off certain streets in Sandton, our second largest CBD, to car traffic and instead use these lanes for public transport, walking, cycling and other forms of eco-mobility during the entire Transport Month.”The Sandton CBD faced levels of congestion that, in the city’s opinion, were unacceptable, Tau added. Unless there was an intervention, Sandton would turn into a parking lot, as had been projected by studies done by Joburg.“Per capita, Johannesburg is the highest emitter on the African continent of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. We’ve made a commitment with our international partners and governments around the world to ensure that we reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” he said.Migrate to public transportLisa Seftel, Joburg’s executive director of transport, said October had been set aside to migrate Sandton motorists to public transport. The city aims to get 30% of drivers to use public transport.Statistics hold that more than 85 000 cars carrying about 120 000 people move around the precinct during peak traffic times every day – 70% of these are private cars. “Eco-mobility is really about eco-friendly ways of travelling, which we in the city regard as walking, cycling, and using public transport so that there are low emissions and we’re able to reduce congestion,” Seftel told business news website BizNews.“One of the important objectives of the executive mayor and why he really wanted the EcoMobility Festival to be in Sandton is because we also need to decongest Sandton.”People were being given a chance to experience public transport, walking, and cycling, Seftel added. The city hoped they would see its benefits and there would be a permanent shift.During the festival, the city is providing alternative modes of transport to Sandton.An eco-mobile city:Aims to reduce the need for motorised mobility;Ensures that transport facilities and areas are accessible to all its users;Ensures that an appropriate variety of modes of transport are available for all its users;Encourages travellers to walk, bicycle, and take public transport;Continually aims to encourage the reduction of resources use for travel; and,Continually aims to improve its performance in planning and delivering eco-mobility.The festival is taking place during October Transport Month, an annual national initiative. Its core focus is infrastructure for the different modes of transport, including public and non-motorised transport. This year, under the theme “Together we move South Africa forward”, the emphasis will extend to job creation, programmes for youth and women, and road safety.Minister Jeff Radebe, the minister in the Presidency responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluation, said October Transport Month was also an opportunity to increase road safety awareness.
Categories: Kelly News,News Michigan’s local public schools would get $100 more per student for the 2017-18 academic year, raising funding to a record level through legislation approved today by the state House’s budget committee.The bill advanced today by the House Appropriations Committee also contains budgets for Michigan’s public universities and community colleges as work toward completing the next budget plan continues.“Our classrooms are the key to building a better future for Michigan, and that is why we are investing in schools with this budget,” said Rep. Tim Kelly of Saginaw Township, sponsor of the education funding bill and chair of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on School Aid. “We are focused on giving students the education they need to succeed and helping Michigan prosper for decades to come.”Highlights of the bill:Michigan’s K-12 public schools would get record funding at $14.3 billion, with a priority on keeping more money in the classroom to benefit students. School districts across the state would get $100 more per student at each grade level, equating to a $143 million increase.Early childhood literacy is emphasized with $25.4 million dedicated to help K-3 students improve their reading skills.An additional $129 million is dedicated to help “at-risk” students, with the definition expanded to include students who are homeless, migrant and in foster care.Funding for career and technical training would increase through competitive grants for equipment upgrades and for intermediate school districts to hire counselors. The programs are designed to help prepare Michigan students for jobs of the future.The higher education budget supporting Michigan’s 15 public universities would get a 2.3 percent funding increase, including an average of 1.9 percent more for university operations. Funding for tuition incentive programs and a competitive scholarship program would increase.The education budget bill advances to the House floor for further consideration.###The legislation: House Bill 4313 25Apr Rep. Kelly, Michigan House budget panel OK record funding for public schools
No appointment is necessary to attend office hours. Anyone unable to attend who would like to voice a question or concern to Rep. Hughes may contact her office at (877) 633-0331 or [email protected] Friday, April 68 to 9 a.m. at the Ravenna Round Table, 12396 Stafford St. in Ravenna. 20Mar Rep. Hughes invites residents to her upcoming office hours Categories: Hughes News State Rep. Holly Hughes announced her upcoming office hours for March and April.“It is important for me to meet with residents on a regular basis to hear the questions and concerns they have regarding state government,” Hughes said. “I encourage everyone to join me for office hours.”Rep. Hughes will be available at the following times and locations:Thursday, March 2910:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Holton Township Hall, 6511 E. Holton Whitehall Road in Holton; and2 to 3 p.m. at Roosevelt Park City Hall, 900 Oak Ridge Road in Roosevelt Park.