WhatsApp Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener Advertisement Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limerick Facebook Email Print Linkedin WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick Post Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash LimerickNewsLimerick on the up, says Housing, Local Government and Heritage MinisterBy Meghann Scully – December 15, 2020 152 REPRO FREEMinister for Housing, Local Government & Heritage Darragh O’Brien ( Centre) declared his All-Ireland hurling final neutrality in Limerick today as he was presented with the county jersey by Mayor of the City and County Michael Collins ( left) and David Conway (right) CEO Limerick 2030, during a visit to the Opera Site – the biggest single commercial property programme investment in the city and largest ever outside the capital. The Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC site, on which work officially commenced last month, is fully funded and will have the capacity for up to 3,000 employees across a 450,000 sq ft campus in the heart of the city. Up to 500 people involved in construction at peak on the site. Limerick Twenty Thirty is a special purpose vehicle established by Limerick City and County Council in 2016 to stimulate economic and social development by building out and promoting strategic disused sites in Limerick. Pic Arthur EllisMINISTER for Housing, Local Government and Heritage Darragh O’Brien, TD, has said that the Opera Site and wider Limerick Twenty Thirty programme will be transformational for city, county and region.Speaking during a visit to the Opera Site, which is being developed by Limerick Twenty Thirty for Limerick City and County Council, at the weekend, Minister O’Brien said that there is a very positive perception also emerging nationally regarding what is happening in Limerick.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “I’m absolutely delighted to be here today to see the Opera Site in person. I’ve had some excellent briefings from the (Limerick Twenty Thirty) team over the last couple of months.“But to see it physically and the potential of this but, more importantly, to see the work starting, the fruition of the initial investments and the support that the state has given to Limerick Twenty Thirty and to Limerick City and County, it’s fantastic.“The potential for Limerick with the development of this site and indeed others that have been identified by Limerick Twenty Thirty is absolutely immense. This will be transformative.”The Minister’s visit to the site comes just two weeks after commencement of demolition and enabling works on the site by John Sisk & Son. The Opera Site is the biggest single commercial property programme investment in Limerick and the largest ever outside the capital.The project will be developed over a six-year work programme. When fully developed, the 1.62hectare site will have the capacity for up to 3,000 employees. Up to 500 people will be involved in construction at peak on the €200m project, which is fully funded.Minister O’Brien – who was welcomed at the site by Mayor of the City and County of Limerick Michael Collins, Limerick City and County Council CEO Pat Daly and Limerick Twenty Thirty CEO David Conway – said that cities are crucially important for regions. The Opera Site, he said, will be a massive driver for economic development, inward investment and job creation.He continued: “I was actually saying to colleagues today here in my visit in Limerick that the perception of Limerick outside of the city and county is so positive. Limerick has a feel that things are happening and that things are really going to take off.“Putting a company like Limerick Twenty Thirty in place is an example to others about how we can lead projects like this forward. The local authority here in Limerick has led by example and has actually got involved when many others wouldn’t.” Previous articleUniversity Concert Hall (UCH) is delighted to announce a new four-part concert series AwakeningNext articleLISTEN: Byrnes not finished yet as Limerick “will try for more as a team” Meghann Scully Twitter Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
Article by WRBI Correspondent Alex Ehler. Pizza Haus celebrates 40 years in business this weekend.BATESVILLE – A downtown business is celebrating its rich history this weekend. In 1974, the Pizza Haus was opened by Lowell & Marge Yorn and Jack & Vicki Kellerman.Twelve years later the Yorn family became sole owners. Lowell passed away in 2003 and his wife managed the restaurant for a few years. She passed away last August.Their son, Kirk along with wife Ginny, have kept the family tradition intact for the past ten years.Kirk attributes the successful business to quality food, service, prices and location.This weekend the downtown restaurant celebrates 40 years with drawings for some major prizes. You have a chance to win pizza for a year, hoagies for a year, or pizza parties.The Pizza Haus is located at 104 E. Boehringer Street in Batesville.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho may have strike options for Sunday’s trip to Manchester United after all following Loic Remy’s declaration that he hopes to be fit for the Barclays Premier League leaders’ clash at Old Trafford. Remy is hopeful of playing in what would be a boost for the Portuguese. The France striker said: “I will see what happens in the next few days. But I am ready for Manchester United, of course. “I got the injury before I scored. I felt a little bit sore. I preferred to keep going and stay on the pitch. I really hope that it is not too bad. “These things happen but the most important thing is we won. I was disappointed when I came off but there is no reason to be afraid. “We must now look forward to the game against Manchester United.” Remy was deputising for Diego Costa, the scorer of nine goals in seven Premier League games who is yet to feature since the international break when, Mourinho says, a hamstring problem was exacerbated on Spain duty. Mourinho has put no timescale on Costa’s return, only saying the £32million signing from Atletico Madrid had “very little” chance of playing at United, but it would not be a surprise were the Blues to be headed by the formidable frontman at Old Trafford. Costa’s hamstrings have been a regular discussion point this season but, following the defeat of Arsenal – admittedly prior to Spain’s matches with Slovakia and Luxembourg – captain John Terry questioned where the reports of an injury had come from and described his team-mate as a handful in training. Press Association Mourinho deployed, out of choice rather than necessity, Andre Schurrle as a ‘false nine’ at United last season and, if Costa and Remy are out, will have only one recognised striker to call on in Didier Drogba. The 36-year-old has only just returned from an ankle problem and scored the first goal of his second Blues spell from the penalty spot against Maribor. Mourinho had declared on Monday that Drogba was not fit to play for 90 minutes, but after featuring for 75 the Ivory Coast striker was content. “I’m happy with the minutes I played against Maribor,” Drogba said. “There was no reaction (for his ankle) so I’m happy. “It was special to score for Chelsea again in my stadium. I always felt lucky when I had the chance to score here, to have that feeling again is great. “It’s a big coincidence scoring my first goal with a penalty after my last for the club was also a penalty in the (2012) Champions League final.” On Sunday’s match, Drogba added: “It is up to the manager to decide.” Remy wanted to take his chance in Costa’s absence. “It’s frustrating, of course, because I had a chance to play because Costa is injured but I am not afraid,” Remy added. “I don’t think it is really bad. We will check and I really hope to play again this weekend. “It is a huge game but every game is tough. Especially this one because it is a big game against a good opponent but I will try to recover as quickly as possible.” Mourinho gave Dominic Solanke his Chelsea debut, aged 17 years and 37 days. The teenager had been poised to come on at Crystal Palace but a late goal meant Drogba was sent on for stoppage time to become Chelsea’s youngest Champions League player. Solanke told Chelsea TV: “I nearly made it the other day (at Selhurst Park). This was a lot more special at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League. “It’s a great bit of history. It’s amazing, really. I’m just speechless.” As for the possibility of playing at United on Sunday, Solanke added: “You have to be ready. You’ve got to take your opportunity when you get it.” Remy scored the opening goal in Tuesday night’s 6-0 Champions League Group G win over Maribor before departing with a groin injury which saw Mourinho rule him out of the United duel. Chelsea’s first team had a day off on Wednesday, with Mourinho insisting he did not wish to know any injury news until preparations for Old Trafford began in earnest on Thursday.