Manchester City will not extend the contracts of defenders Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna, midfielder Jesus Navas and goalkeeper Willy Caballero as the quartet will leave the club during the summer, the Premier League side announced on Thursday.Caballero, Navas and Sagna made 16 or fewer league starts for City in the season that finished on Sunday, while the 31-year-old Clichy started 24 games.”I have enjoyed every moment of my City career and will look back on my time at City fondly,” the 34-year-old Sagna told the club’s website (www.mancity.com)”From the first day I arrived, everyone at the club has made me feel welcome and I will always be grateful to them,” the 35-year-old Caballero said.Navas, 31, saw his playing opportunities diminish in his fourth season at the club as fellow Spaniard Pep Guardiola led the side to a third-place finish in his debut campaign.
Mario Balotelli Balotelli given two-game ban for diving Jamie Smith 06:02 6/15/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(1) Getty Images Mario Balotelli Ligue 1 Nice The future of the Italy international remains in doubt, but the forward has been given a two-match Ligue 1 ban. Mario Balotelli will be banned for the first two matches of the new Ligue 1 season – if the Italy international remains in French football.The Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) confirmed on Thursday that Balotelli has been hit with a two-match suspension.Balotelli was given the ban after the LFP ruled he dived in a match against Caen, leading to Ismael Diomande being sent off. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Arsenal would be selling their soul with Mourinho move Nice forward Balotelli is out of contract at the club, having spent two seasons rebuilding his reputation in Ligue 1.The Italy international has scored 33 goals for Nice over the past two Ligue 1 campaigns, while adding seven strikes in the Europa League for the club. His solid form in France’s top flight earned him a recall for Italy, with the striker scoring in his return to the Azzurri. Balotelli has previously stated that he is uncertain what his club future holds, admitting to Nice’s official website he makes his decisions on a week-by-week basis. New Nice coach Patrick Vieira has said he expects Balotelli to report for pre-season training despite speculation over his future.Ligue 1 rivals Marseille are reportedly keen on Balotelli, who has also been linked with a Serie A return to either Napoli or Roma.