Tony Pulis 1 Tony Pulis expects a raft of changes to his squad before the transfer window he loathes finally closes.The West Brom boss used his post-match press conference after the 3-2 defeat to Chelsea on Sunday to rip into the system after he dropped Saido Berahino amid interest from Tottenham in his signature.But Pulis has admitted he will have to use the controversial period to make extensive alterations of his own and he asked the club’s fans to be patient with the transition.“We enter the last week of games before the first international week and by the time we run out at the Hawthorns again I am sure we will see quite a few changes,” he said.“Please be patient and get behind the lads again, it’s imperative that we are together as one group.”
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was delighted his team found a way to win against a Sunderland side that he did not feel were easy to play against.Christian Benteke’s solitary goal at the Stadium of Light handed the German manager’s side a final victory in 2015 and it leaves them just five points behind the top four. The Reds missed a series of good opportunities to finish the game off as they were largely the better team. Klopp told Sky Sports: “We were the better team and you could see that the pressure on both teams was big. “A little bit more for Sunderland because of the intensity of the last weeks and months.“You could help yourself if you got an early goal, we didn’t but we did not do too bad in situations against a very good defending team.“They were only defending so that makes it pretty hard for us because you don’t get space and you always have to go again and slow down the game.“Then we made the goal after half-time and we controlled something like the game.“They were waiting for set-plays, they are difficult to defend but we did it. We could have got made a second or third one, we didn’t, we had to wait until the final whistle.”Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce felt the Black Cats were unfortunate in the manner that Liverpool got their goal but praised his side’s effort, although he conceded a lack of killer instinct in the final third.“We didn’t really produce enough quality,” Allardyce commented.“When we did we got good chances, we couldn’t finish them off but we could have done more with the opportunities in terms of our final third quality – we need to try and get that a little better.“A resilient performance, one where Liverpool never really looked like creating too many clear-cut chances or opportunities and if we can build on that scenario and get a bit more luck then we’ll try to go up the other end, get a result and score a goal.“The injuries are a problem. We’re facing another centre-half who’s come off injured so we’ll have to wait and see how Seb (Coates) is.“I thought Wes (Brown) did great today. I thought the team did well overall, a good shape to the side.“They’re playing a Liverpool side that’s got a huge amount of money spent on it and often matched them.”
SANTA FE SPRINGS – Three of four candidates vying for two open board seats at the Whittier Union High School District debated the issues Monday night, vowing to continue the steady academic progress local high-schoolers have seen over the past few years if elected Nov. 6. Incumbent Ralph Pacheco and challengers Harry Jacobs and Tim Schneider participated in the forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters, which was held at Santa Fe High School. Challenger Jesse Carmona could not be reached to participate, league officials said. For more on this story, pick up a copy of tomorrow’s Whittier Daily News. 165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREChargers go winless in AFC West with season-ending loss in Kansas City
Foreclosure filings across the U.S. nearly doubled last month compared with September 2006, as financially strapped homeowners already behind on mortgage payments defaulted on their loans or came closer to losing their homes to foreclosure, a real estate information company said Thursday. A total of 223,538 foreclosure filings were reported in September, up from 112,210 in the same month a year ago, according to Irvine-based RealtyTrac Inc. The number of filings in September was down 8 percent from August’s 243,947, the firm said. Despite the sequential decline, the September figure represents the second-highest total for filings in a single month since the company began tracking monthly filings two years ago. “August was an extraordinarily high month for foreclosure activity, so some falloff was almost predictable,” said Rick Sharga, RealtyTrac’s vice president for marketing. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The filings include default notices, auction sale notices and bank repossessions. Some properties might have received more than one notice if the owners have multiple mortgages. Typically, borrowers must be 60 to 90 days past due on their mortgage payments before their lender will consider them in default, the first stage of the foreclosure process. If a homeowner can’t find a way to get current on payments, the home is then often put up for auction, and if it doesn’t sell, it eventually goes back to the bank. In all, 39 states saw a decline in foreclosure filings, the firm said. Sharga noted that there was a spike in the number of bank repossessions in August that did not occur in September. It’s likely that the sequential decline in foreclosure activity between August and September was just a blip, not a bellwether of lessening foreclosure filings. “We don’t see September as the beginning of the end in this cycle of foreclosures,” Sharga said. The foreclosure rate for the nation in September was one foreclosure filing for every 557 households, the firm said. The U.S. housing market has seen sales decline and home prices fall or remain flat, making it harder for homeowners who can’t afford to make mortgage payments to sell their homes or seek refinancing. Many of those troubled homeowners were among those who took on adjustable-rate mortgages that are now adjusting to a higher interest rate, translating into payments they cannot afford to make. The rising delinquencies and foreclosures this year have led the mortgage industry to tighten lending standards, further narrowing options for homeowners struggling to pay their mortgage. Nevada, Florida and California had the highest foreclosure rates in the country last month, the firm said.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
The Los Angeles County Labor Federation’s influence in local politics is no secret. Indeed, it’s very likely the single most powerful special interest in all the land. But it’s unusual for the powerful union to issue proclamations so nakedly self-serving as the one that Maria Elena Durazo, executive secretary-treasurer of the County Fed, delivered at the group’s second annual congress on Monday. She warned L.A.’s politicians that they better support the union’s initiatives or get tossed out on the street. While this was no doubt a touch of hyperbolic rhetoric intended to rev up the membership, there also is a real threat tucked deep inside. Durazo knows exactly what L.A.’s political class does: You need the County Fed and its some 818,000 members on your side in an election. There’s simply no other group that has the resources and the bodies to help you – or your opponent – get elected. Indeed, Durazo had a more specific threat: the upcoming race for the 2nd Supervisorial District seat in June. Yvonne Brathwaite Burke is stepping down and at least two high-profile candidates are in the race – City Councilman Bernard Parks and state Sen. Mark Ridley-Thomas. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsEveryone knows the power of the Fed, so Monday’s warning is no surprise, just a little more transparent than usual. What was disappointing about this naked pay-to-play ploy is that there’s no mention of the larger goals of local government or serving the public. Nor was there any mention of making the L.A. region a better place except in the context of increasing the spending power of a small fraction of its families. In the city of L.A., it’s all about squeezing more out of a budget already facing mass cuts due to overspending. Of course unions have a responsibility to their members to get as good a deal as they can get – at a cost to the millions of others.
Fancy winning the wedding of your dreams worth €15,000.Then the Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey, in association with a number of the top wedding suppliers in the North-west are hosting a dream wedding competition. One lucky couple will prevail as the winners of an amazing prize of an all inclusive wedding with a reception for up to 150 guests, to the value of €15,000 to be held at the Villa Rose Hotel.To enter the competition, couples will go head to head in a “Mr & Mrs to Be” style competition, with heats taking place in January 2013.Finalists from each heat will then proceed through to the grand final which will determine the overall winners of this amazing prize. The competition is limited to approximately 40 couples so anyone entering will have a one in forty chance of winning.The prize package consists of: Wedding Reception sponsored by the Villa Rose Hotel; Bridal Gown from the Bridal Rooms at McElhinney’s Department Store; Men’s Suit Hire from Evolve Menswear; Bridesmaids Dress by Celebrationz; Wedding Photography by Gerard McHugh; Wedding Cars by Gerard McGirr; Wedding DVD by Arthur Lynch; Cake by Heidi’s Creative Cakes; Wedding Entertainment from DJ John Bosco & Mr Majestic; Flowers by Ballybofey Florist; Drinks Reception by Findlater & Febver. This package is valued at €15,000 and will be an excellent start to married life for the lucky winners.The competition is open to anyone wishing to enter; however terms & conditions state that any couple who have already booked with another venue are strictly prohibited from entering.In order to enter simply contact The Villa Rose Hotel on 074-9132266 for an application form or email [email protected] for further details. WIN THE WEDDING OF YOUR DREAMS IN CO DONEGAL was last modified: October 31st, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:000competitionVilla Rosewedding€15
N’Golo Kante has hinted he is planning to stay at Leicester, by plotting their Champions League assault.The midfielder has been linked with a move away this summer after playing a starring role in their shock Barclays Premier League title win.Arsenal and Paris St Germain have been credited with an interest in the France international, who scored on his full international debut in March, and joined the Foxes from Caen last summer.But Kante admitted he is still looking at playing in the Champions League with the Foxes next season.He said: “The Champions League next season will be new for me but I hear good things.“We don’t know (if they can surprise in Europe), we have just joined at this moment, we will see. We have just done it for this season, next season we will see what will happen but we don’t know.“When I came here I can’t imagine this, winning the title. Now we did it. It has been a good moment, we have to enjoy it.”Boss Claudio Ranieri, who won April’s Manager of the Month award on Wednesday, was tipped to be the first boss sacked this season after he replaced Nigel Pearson last summer. The Foxes have lost just three league games, ahead of their final-day trip to Ranieri’s old club Chelsea on Sunday, and Kante praised the way Ranieri has maintained their spirit. “Ranieri is a good man, he did very good work and we are happy for him and everybody,” he said.“I think it was the spirit of the team, we fight all the time and I think this is why we have done it.”Kante, 25, was nominated for the PFA’s Player of the Year award along with Foxes striker Jamie Vardy but the pair lost out to team-mate Riyad Mahrez. The trio have been some of the club’s standout performers this season but Kante, who did win the club’s Players’ Player of the Year award this week, dismissed his role in their success. He added: “I am not a star player.” N’Golo Kante in action for Leicester 1
Granit Xhaka is an Arsenal transfer target and fans really want him to join Will Arsenal finally land Granit Xhaka?The Borussia Monchengladbach and Switzerland midfielder is said to be keen to leave the Bundesliga and try his luck in the Premier League, with the Gunners said to be his destination.He also wants his future decided before Euro 2016 begins and as Arsenal say bye to Mathieu Flamini, Tomas Rosicky and Mikel Arteta – ‘three big personalities’ – according to manager Arsene Wenger, Gooners are praying Xhaka is the man to come in afterwards.Here, talkSPORT looks at a selection of tweets from supporters. 1
N’Golo Kante: Liverpool the latest club linked with Leicester and France man – Along with Arsenal and Man United, Liverpool are also keen on Kante report the Daily Star, revealing there is a £22m release clause in his contract at Leicester. 9 9 9 Some Liverpool fans really don’t want Mario Gotze! – Playing in an unfamiliar position for Germany against Ukraine at Euro 2016, Gotze struggled to show what he can do best, but that didnt stop some Liverpool fans some Liverpool fans suggesting the club should be targeting other players instead. Gotze has been strongly linked with a big money move to Anfield in recent months. 9 9 Which other players will join Joel Matip and Loris Karius at Liverpool? Click the arrow above, right, to see the latest transfer news surrounding the Anfield club with updates on rumoured departures as well as arrivals.Judging by the rumours, it appears manager Jurgen Klopp is keen to bolster all over the pitch with defenders, midfielders and attackers being targeted.Remain up to date with all Liverpool news by clicking here.MORE LFC NEWS: JOHN-ARNE RIISE RETIRESDONE DEAL SEES JUVENTUS SNAP UP LIVERPOOL TARGET Jurgen Klopp interested in Cristian Tello? Click the arrow above, right, to see more Liverpool transfer rumours – In Spain, it is said Liverpool want 24-year-old Tello to join them in the summer. For the past two years the forward has been loaned to both Porto and more recently Fiorentina and the Italian club have an option to sign him for 8m, say Spanish outlet Sport. However, Fiorentina feel it is too much and will look to get the potential cost for Tello down. His contract at Barcelona expires in 2018 and his release clause is rumoured to be 25m. Joao Teixeira heading back to Portugal – Portuguese outlet A Bola say there is an agreement between Liverpool and Porto for 23-year-old Teixeira. The attacker played for Braga and Sporting in his native Portugal before joining the Reds in 2012. Coutinho dismisses PSG transfer rumour – In recent weeks, Philippe Coutinho has been linked with big-money transfer to PSG, but the Liverpool attacker has played down that rumour. The Liverpool Echo carry quotes that see him commit to the club, I am grateful for everything Liverpool has done for me, he said following Brazils Copa America elimination after losing to Peru. Am I happy there working under Klopp? Its clear, hes great. 9 Swansea looking at bringing Joe Allen back – Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins wants Allen back at Swansea, the club he left for Liverpool in a £15m deal in 2012. Speaking to the South Wales Evening Post, he said: Naturally, we are interested in good players like Joe who may be available this summer given that he has a year left on his contract. Jenkins added hed be keeping tabs on the Wales internationals situation. Liverpool to offer Southampton Jordon Ibe for Sadio Mane? – The Sun carry news of a possible swap deal involving Jordon Ibe moving to Southampton and Sadio Mane going to Liverpool. Apparently the Reds rate Ibe at £10m, with Mane valued at around £30m. Piotr Zielinski: Udinese man to choose Liverpool because he loves the Beatles – As talkSPORT reported, Zielinski is destined to pick Liverpool over Napoli. Thats according to the Serie A clubs president Aurelio De Laurentiis, who said: The lad prefers Liverpool. Clearly he’s never been to Naples before and probably he’s in love with The Beatles. Zielinski has spent the past two seasons on loan at Empoli. 9 Ricardo Rodriguez could cost £19m – Although Jonas Hector is the left back linked with Liverpool, fans would love the club to also look at Rodriguez, the Wolfsburg and Switzerland ace. His agent has been quoted as saying there is a release clause in his contract and reports suggest the 23-year-old could be available for £19m. However, Arsenal have also been linked with the player and they are able to offer Champions League football. Leicesters Ben Chilwell is another left back said to be on the Liverpool transfer shortlist. 9 9
1 Stuart McCall Stuart McCall has been confirmed as Bradford’s new manager.The Leeds-born former Scotland international succeeds Phil Parkinson, who left earlier this month to take charge of League One rivals Bolton.It will be McCall’s fourth spell at the club, where he played from 1982-1988 and 1998-2002, and second as manager.“I’m delighted to be back at this great club and I’m looking forward to the exciting challenge ahead,” said McCall.“Over the next few days I will be getting to know the staff and working with the chairmen on building a competitive squad for the new season.” McCall’s first stint as Bradford boss lasted from 2007-10.He has since managed Motherwell and Rangers while he has most recently been working as part of Scotland’s coaching staff.Bradford joint-chairman Stefan Rupp said: “Stuart’s fondness for Bradford City is evidently deep-rooted. He deserves this opportunity and I know the fans will join me in wishing him every success.“Since his first spell as manager of Bradford City, Stuart has gone on to prove his credentials during a very successful spell at Motherwell and in the last couple of years has gained international coaching experience as Gordon Strachan’s assistant.“Whilst we considered a number of high-calibre applicants for the post of manager, we were clearly of the view that Stuart was the best man to take the club forward. We look forward to working with him.”