Businesses throughout Donegal have been urged to provide sanitary disposal facilities in their male public restrooms for the disposal of incontinence products by men suffering from this condition. The calls were made by leading experts in hygiene, Initial, following the Irish Longitudinal Study on ageing that found that 1 in 7 older adults in Ireland experiences urinary incontinence and that 25% of those affected experience limitations in their normal activities because of this.According to Initial, incontinence is an issue affecting many older people in Ireland, both men and women. Dr Susmita Sarma, President of the Continence Foundation of Ireland said: “There is a lot that businesses can do to help facilitate those suffering from incontinence.“It is a condition which is often overlooked and which affects many Irish people,” she added.“The provision of sanitary disposal facilities in men’s public bathrooms would be an important step for businesses to take in order to make their lavatories more accommodating.” While many businesses provide sanitary disposal bins in their female bathrooms, men are often overlooked in this regard. As a result, men suffering from incontinence cannot dispose of their incontinence products in a hygienic way.Richard Faulkner, Technical Field Consultant with Initial said: “All public washrooms should have hygienic disposal facilities available.“Without sanitary bins in place, people either cannot dispose of their incontinence products or resort to using regular waste bins or toilets for disposing of them.“This is both unhygienic and unsafe.” Calls made for the installation of male sanitary bins across Donegal was last modified: March 20th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Manoj said that he will file a case in the Punjab and Haryana High CourtFeeling “insulted” after his name was not added to this year’s list of Arjuna awardees, boxer Manoj Kumar today said he would sue the Sports Ministry for the “injustice” meted out to him.The controversial recommendation of boxer Jai Bhagwan for the prestigious Arjuna Awards stands after the selection committee yesterday decided not to make any changes in the original 15-athlete list.Sports Authority of India Director General Jiji Thomson, who was part of the Awards committee, said the panel discussed seven athletes in the review meeting but it was unanimously agreed that no changes were needed.Manoj said that he had been assured by the sports secretary and Thomson himself that his name would be added in yesterday’s meeting and their backtracking was a “betrayal”.”When my elder brother met the Sports Secretary on August 13, the Sports Secretary had admitted that there was a mistake on the part of the ministry by mistakenly thinking that I was involved in a dope offence. Mr Ajit Sharan had told my brother that my name will be added in the review meeting,” Manoj, who is in the national camp at the NIS, said.”The SAI DG himself called me up the next day (August 14) that my case will be considered and no injustice would be done to me. He assured me that my name will be added in the Arjuna list. But all these turned out to be false promises and they have backtracked now. I have a trial for the Asian Games next week and I am in severe mental stress,” he said.advertisement”First, they tarnished my image by mistakenly calling me a dope offender and then betrayed me by backtracking on what they had promised. It’s an insult and betrayal,” a dejected Manoj, who won a gold in 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games, said.Manoj’s elder brother and coach Rajesh Kumar said that he will file a case in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.”This is an injustice to my brother. What motivation an athlete will have to bring laurels for the country if he was treated like this. I will file a case at the High Court in Chandigarh very soon.”I will file an RTI to the government tomorrow first and then the case at the High Court. I will ask for the points Manoj has got under the marking system used by the selection panel and the points earned by the 15 recommended athletes. That information will be used as evidence in the High Court case,” said Rajesh.Rajesh also wondered how Thomson can claim that Manoj has time with him and he can get the award later on. “How can it be? He (Manoj) won a gold in the 2010 Commonwealth Games and this achievement will not be considered for next year’s Arjuna Award as only four-year achievement is counted. Next year’s Arjuna will start counting achievements from 2011 onwards,” he said.”Otherwise, what is the point of waiting. If a person is deserving, then he is deserving. Many a times in the past, two athletes from the same sport were given Arjuna.”Rajesh said Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal had also assured, through his personal secretary, that the case of Manoj will be addressed and those officials who committed the mistake of taking him as a dope offender will be taken to task.”I sought a meeting with the sports minister on August 13 and I waited for him late on that day. The Minister returned to office around 9:30pm after some work. The Minister sent his PS to tell me that Manoj’s case will be reconsidered in the selection committee meeting.”The PS also told me that the officials who placed Manoj’s name as a dope offender before the selection panel will also be taken to task. But now it turned out that all these were just talk in the air,” he said.
Read more Upwardly mobile Leicester dismantle 10-man Newcastle to go third Topics European club football Marseille Fiorentina Milan Share on Pinterest Milan’s nightmare start to the Serie A season reached a new low after a 3-1 home defeat by Fiorentina. The Rossoneri slumped to a fourth loss in six matches and had Mateo Musacchio sent off for a nasty lunge on Franck Ribéry.The defeat will leave a huge question mark over the future of their manager, Marco Giampaolo, with reports in Italy claiming he would be sacked were they to lose on Sunday night. Giampaolo said: “I believe in my ideas but this Milan team looked like it turned up without ever having a training session together.It played badly on an individual level, with no organisation or sense of collective responsibility.“There are some players who are young and can try individual moves but they can only get you so far. When things aren’t going well, you must have the strength to cling to your identity as a team.” Brescia Share on LinkedIn Share on Facebook Share via Email Share on Messenger news Share on Twitter Napoli Sevilla Share on WhatsApp Goals from Erick Pulgar, Gaetano Castrovilli and Ribery did the damage for Fiorentina, who also missed a penalty through Federico Chiesa, with Rafael Leão pulling one back.Napoli survived a second-half comeback from a Mario Balotelli-inspired Brescia to win 2-1. Carlo Ancelotti’s side led through strikes from Dries Mertens and Kostas Manolas before Balotelli pulled one back with his first Brescia goal.Lazio ran riot against Genoa with goals from Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Stefan Radu, Felipe Caicedo and Ciro Immobile wrapping up a 4-0 victory.Edin Dzeko’s header from Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s cross secured a 1-0 win for Roma at Lecce, whose goalkeeper, Gabriel, saved a penalty from Aleksandar Kolarov, but Lecce could not find an equaliser, with the Manchester United loanee Chris Smalling impressing in the visiting defence.In Spain Sevilla battled back from behind to secure a 3-2 win in a thrilling match against Real Sociedad. A fourth-minute Mikel Oyarzabal strike put the visitors ahead, but the lead lasted less than 15 minutes before Nolito hit the equaliser for Sevilla.In the second half Sevilla looked to dominate and established a two-goal lead with goals from Lucas Ocampos and Franco Vázquez. Portu halved the deficit three minutes from time to bring Sociedad back into the game, although they were unable to find the equaliser.The result saw Sevilla climb up to sixth, having lost their previous two games. Alavés moved further away from trouble at the bottom of the table thanks to a second-half penalty from the former Arsenal forward Lucas Pérez, with Joselu adding a second four minutes from time to make it 2-0 against Mallorca.In France Marseille stretched their unbeaten run to seven league games and moved up to fifth in Ligue 1 following a 1-1 draw at home to Rennes. The visitors went ahead in the 19th minute when Hiroki Sakai turned the ball into his own net under pressure from M’Baye Niang.Valentin Rongier volleyed wide for Marseille before the hosts levelled seven minutes after half-time, Duje Caleta-Car heading in Bouna Sarr’s corner. Reuse this content
The Minister, who was addressing the breaking of ground for construction of the Portmore Municipal Corporation’s new administrative building on Wednesday (May 31), urged the local representatives to emulate the late Mayor, George Lee, who displayed “commitment, respect, loyalty and decency”, during his time in Minister of Local Government and Community Development, Hon. Desmond McKenzie, is imploring councillors to put service at the centre of everything they do.“We want to take local government where the people not only respect you because of your political persuasion… (but) must also respect you because of the kind of representative that you are, the kind of service that you give,” he said.The Minister, who was addressing the breaking of ground for construction of the Portmore Municipal Corporation’s new administrative building on Wednesday (May 31), urged the local representatives to emulate the late Mayor, George Lee, who displayed “commitment, respect, loyalty and decency”, during his time in office.The structure, for which a $190-million contract was signed earlier this month, is to be situated on four acres of land in the vicinity of Braeton Parkway and Municipal Boulevard, which is near to the South St. Catherine Division (hundred-man) Police Station.The 22,654-square-foot facility will feature a ground floor, first floor and attic, and will have energy-efficient features such as LED, and solar street lighting. The overall development plan includes access for the physically challenged, landscaping, adequate car parking, and water harvesting.The 20-month project will be undertaken by HDB Construction Limited. Construction is expected to last for 20 months, beginning on June 1, and the intention is to execute the project in sections, so that the Corporation can move in and use the space during the period of the works.It is expected that the building will be completed by February, 2019.The Ministry is providing $100 million for the project, while the Corporation is contributing $90 million.Custos of St. Catherine, Rev. the Hon. Jeffrey McKenzie, in welcoming the undertaking, said it will result in improved services to residents of St. Catherine, as “when people work in comfort, productivity will be enhanced”. Story Highlights Minister of Local Government and Community Development, Hon. Desmond McKenzie, is imploring councillors to put service at the centre of everything they do.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) imposed a ban on Sharepro Services, one of its premier registrar companies, accusing it of committing fraud in its business of share transfer and dividend encashment, an order by the market regulator said.It alleged Indira Kakera, the company’s registrars’ operations head, of siphoning off dividend and transferring shares away from its rightful owners. Kakera along with the senior management and the promoters had transferred funds amounting to Rs 21 crore to their relatives and friends.The ban also extends to 15 executives, including Sharepro Services Managing Director GR Rao.”Preliminary enquiry (PE) prima facie show falsification of records, forgery, repeated printing of new certificates without any request or authorization from the shareholder and irregular transfer transactions,” Rajeev Kumar Agrawal, a member of SEBI, said in an order.The PE said the fraud had taken place over a period of 10 years (2005 to 2015). And, SEBI has asked Sharepro’s clients, including several marquee ones, to change their share transfer registrar immediately and conduct a thorough audit of their records and system.The complaints of Sharepro Services’ irregularities were lodged by Asian Paints, Aptech and Britannia. A first information report was prepared by the economic offence wing of the Mumbai Police.Sharepro’s dubious operation has spurred wider interest in the case. “It makes a case for examining whether this is a one-off case or a widespread problem across the system,” JN Gupta, co-founder and managing director at SES â€” a proxy advisory firm, was quoted as saying by Mint.The issue has now raised questions on if other companies have paid dividends and transferred securities to the actual beneficiaries.”It appears to be widespread. It is in light of this, Sebi has done the right thing in passing an interim order, looking at urgency of the matter,” Sudhir Bassi, executive director at Khaitan and Co., told the daily.
Two men were killed in separate incidents of lightning strike at Tuardanga and Kadakati villages in Satkhira’s Ashasuni on Tuesday morning, reports UNB.The deceased were identified as Bhajhari Mandol, 50, son of late Mangal Mandol of Tuardanga village and Jahangir Hossain, 34, of Kadakati village of the upazila.Shahidul Islam, officer-in-charge of Ashasuni police station, said a thunderbolt struck Bhajhari around 6:00am while he was going outside for working, leaving him dead on the spot.Meanwhile, another thunderbolt hit Jahangir Hossain while he was fishing in his enclosure, leaving him dead on the spot.Later, locals recovered the bodies, the OC added.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. File PhotoPrime minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday paid rich tributes to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of his 99th birthday.The premier paid the homage by placing a wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu placed in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at historic 32 Dhanmondi Road in Dhaka in the morning.After laying the wreath, she stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of respect to the memory of Sheikh Mujib, reports BSS.Cabinet members, PM’s advisers, parliament members and senior leaders of ruling Bangladesh Awami League (AL) were present here.The birthday of Bangabandhu is also being observed across the country as the National Children’s Day.Later, flanked by the central leaders of Awami League, Sheikh Hasina laid another wreath at the portrait of Bangabandhu as the party president.Part senior leaders Amir Hossain Amu, Begum Matia Chowdhury, Obaidul Quader, advocate Sahara Khatun, Satish Chandra Roy, LGRD minister engineer Khandker Mosharraf Hossain, shipping minister Shajahan Khan, food minister advocate Quamrul Islam, Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Jatiya Sangsad chief whip ASM Feroze, among others, were present.Later, Jatiya Sangsad speaker Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, Dhaka South City Corporation mayor Sayeed Khokan, leaders of associate bodies of Awami League and other socio-cultural organisations placed wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu.
This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Citation: Best of Last Week –A radiationless revolution, progress towards a fusion reactor and neuroticism’s link to over-thinking (2015, August 31) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2015-08-week-radiationless-revolution-fusion-reactor.html © 2015 Phys.org Explore further Tri Alpha Energy reportedly makes important breakthrough in developing fusion reactor (Phys.org)—It has been another good week for physics as a team working at the CERN complex found evidence that suggests subatomic particles could defy the standard model—they found tau leptons and muons decaying at different rates. Also, another team at the Australian National University announced a new theory that could lead to a radiationless revolution—it describes a way to confine electromagnetic energy without leakage. And Matthew Fisher with the University of California proposed the idea of quantum cognition based on synaptic nuclear spins, i.e. neural qubits. His idea is that quantum processing with nuclear spins might be happening in the brain. Also, a company called Tri Alpha Energy reportedly made an important breakthrough in developing a fusion reactor—they found a way to hold a ball of superheated hydrogen plasma for five milliseconds. The news from space was good as well, as NASA announced that the New Horizons mission exceeded expectations—sending back images of Pluto and its moons along with a host of other valuable scientific data. Also, another team of astrophysicists found supermassive black holes in the quasar nearest Earth—within Galaxy Markarian 231, they discovered has two black holes spinning around each other.In other news, researchers working at Los Alamos National Laboratory announced that they had created quantum dot solar windows that go non-toxic and colorless, all with record efficiency—the windows capture some of the light that passes through the glass and divert it to solar cells at the edges. And a team of researchers at the University of Toronto announced that they had developed a new “tissue Velcro” that could help repair damaged hearts—it is a scaffolding upon which new heart muscle can grow. Also, another team working at MIT created a new printer called “Multifab” that 3D-prints a record 10 materials at once with no assembly required. It has a resolution of 40 microns and is the first 3D printer to use 3D scanning techniques from machine vision.And finally, if you have ever been accused of being neurotic, a small team of psychologists with King’s College in London and Columbia University in the U.S. asked the question: Is neuroticism fueled by overthinking? And they think they have found why creativity and neurosis-related unhappiness and go hand-in-hand—the same parts of the brain appear to be involved in both. In this event display from the LHCb experiment at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider, proton-proton collisions at the interaction point (far left) result in a shower of leptons and other charged particles. The yellow and green lines are computer-generated reconstructions of the particles’ trajectories through the layers of the LHCb detector. Credit: CERN/LHCb Collaboration