11 July 2013South African state company Transnet has secured US$108-million (approximately R1.1-billion) in financing from the Export-Import Bank of the United States to support its purchase of 53 locomotives from US company General Electric Transportation.The grant, announced on Monday, follows Ex-Im Bank’s approval, in February 2011, of a R1.1-billion loan to Transnet for the purchase of 47 locomotive kits from General Electric (GE), adding up to a total of $230-million in financing for the purchase of 100 GE locomotives.Ex-Im chairman Fred Hochberg, referring to US President Barack Obama’s recent trip to South Africa, said in a statement on Monday: “As the President highlighted on his recent trip, there are enormous opportunities for US exporters in South Africa and across the broader region.”The bank, which provides below-market financing to facilitate sales of US goods abroad, would “continue to help American companies expand their reach into this dynamic market,” Hochberg said.In April 2012, Transnet has announced the details of a R300-billion investment in infrastructure aimed at creating over half-a-million new jobs while making its freight rail division the fifth-largest in the world.Transnet plans to spend the lion’s share of this capital investment, R205-billion, on rail projects – R151-billion of this on freight rail – as the company pushes to increase South African freight rail volumes from about 200-million to 350-million tons by 2019, while increasing its market share of container traffic from around 79% to 92%.Achieving such an increase would significantly reduce the cost of doing business in South Africa, Transnet said last year, citing internal studies showing that rail in the country was on average 75% cheaper than road transport.The 47 GE locomotive kits are due to be shipped to Transnet Rail Engineering’s facilities in Koedoespoort, Pretoria later this year, where they will be assembled by local workers to include up to 37% local content.“I greatly appreciate Ex-Im’s financing arrangements for this sale, which supports jobs in the United States and South Africa,” GE Transportation CEO Lorenzo Simonelli said on Monday.Ex-Im Bank said South Africa was “one of nine key markets Ex-Im Bank has identified as having strong opportunities for US exporters. In financial year 2012, Ex-Im Bank authorized approximately $130-million in financing to South Africa, and the bank’s current exposure is more than $1-billion.”SAinfo reporter
Stefan Stojacic. Photo from Fiba.comMANILA, Philippines—Pasig Chooks will have one less problem to worry about come the 2019 FIBA 3X3 World Tour Masters in Doha.Top-ranked team in the world Liman of Serbia will miss the services of world No. 2 Stefan Stojacic for the next six weeks, which includes the Doha tournament on April 18 and 19.ADVERTISEMENT Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Outmuscled in crucial stretch, Rain or Shine vows to be more aggressive Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Liman, however, remains a formidable squad with world No. 3 Aleksandar Ratkov, No. 4 Mihailo Vasic, and No. 7 Stefan Kojic in its stacked roster.And just last weekend, a Stojacic-less Liman finished in third place in the Wuxi Challenger.Liman went unbeaten in the group phase then, blasted Moscow Inanomo in the quarterfinals before suffering a 21-22 heartbreaker to eventual second placer Gagarin of Russia.That’s why Pasig Chooks still has little room for error in the global meet.“We have to steal one game. Everyone knows that Liman is one of the top teams in the world,” stressed Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3×3 commissioner Eric Altamirano.“Katara is also the home team that is why we are hoping that the Filipinos in Doha will come out to support us.”The Liman squad is really a good team. Well, they are the top team in the world but their best player is original. If we do our best and stick to the gameplan, we can get a good result,” said Pavlovic.ADVERTISEMENT Pasig Kings import Nikola Pavlovic said the loss of the cager known as ‘Mr. Robot’ will be a huge blow to the Serbian’s campaign.“It will be a big difference and a big loss to them because he’s the player that makes the team better,” said Pavlovic, who previously played for Liman’s crosstown rival Novi Sad. “He can score a lot of points, especially the two-points. It will be a big problem for them.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsPasig, the reigning Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3×3 President’s Cup champions, takes on Liman early Friday morning at 12:25 a.m. (Manila time).That clash against Liman comes after the quartet of Pavlovic, Joshua Munzon, Taylor Statham, and Angelo Tsagarakis face host team Katara on Thursday at 10:50 pm. LATEST STORIES View comments PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte MOST READ Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next
CALGARY – TransCanada Corp. says it has confirmed strong commercial support for its controversial Keystone XL pipeline.The company says it has concluded an open season for the pipeline project with roughly 500,000 barrels per day of firm, 20-year commitments.TransCanada says interest in the project remains strong and it will look to continue to secure additional long-term contracted volumes.In November, Nebraska regulators approved a route for the pipeline though the state, but not the company’s preferred choice, instead shifting the path away from sensitive ecological areas.TransCanada (TSX:TRP) says it’s working with landowners to obtain the necessary agreements for the approved route.It says construction preparation has started and will increase as the permitting process advances throughout this year, with primary construction expected to begin in 2019.
TORONTO – Amazon is keeping the cost of an annual Prime membership in Canada steady even as it moves to raise the cost in the United States.The online retailer says the price of an annual membership will remain at $79 even as it increases 20 per cent in the U.S. starting next month.The company said Thursday that Prime members in the U.S. will now pay US$119 a year, up from US$99, starting May 11 for new members.The new price will apply to renewals of existing U.S. memberships starting on June 16.An Amazon Prime membership gives customers free two-day shipping as well as access to its video and music streaming services and other benefits.The online retailer recently disclosed for the first time that it has more than 100 million Prime members worldwide.
Ryan Harvey, Communications Coordinator for the City of Fort St. John, said, “The response has been terrific, we love that people think it is funny and represents our community, and have had a number of people comment with their own unhappy examples.”‘Move Up Here’ was created as a recruitment program, to help local businesses draw new people to the community for employment. By collaborating with businesses that require skilled employees and trained professionals to fill employment positions, the City helped to create a visually appealing campaign to attract potential employees to ‘Move up Here’.The campaign has been submitted to larger online and hard copy publications to try to help attract a large range of people from different demographics as well as being used in different capacities for social sharing.Statistic’s Canada Report, published in April 2015; Life satisfaction across economic regions; CLICK HERE FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Is Fort St. John one of Canada’s unhappiest places as a Statistics Canada reported in a report dated in April 2015?In a tongue in cheek response to the report ‘life satisfaction across economic regions’ staff of the city of Fort St. John replied to this in their latest ‘Move Up Here’ Campaign video.
Washington: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the recent arrest of a woman who allegedly breached security at President Donald Trump’s private Florida club while carrying Chinese passports and a flash drive containing malware, is an example of the threat Beijing poses to Washington. In a TV interview on Friday, Pompeo declined to provide additional details related to his claim but said: “I think this tells the American people the threat that China poses, the efforts they’re making inside the US, not only against government officials but more broadly.” CNN reported on Wednesday that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had begun investigating the possibility that the incident at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property was an espionage effort. The US official who confirmed the espionage probe said the FBI is doing what it has to do in these circumstances, when there is a foreign national involved and a possibility of counterintelligence or cyber-security issues. Earlier this week, Trump dismissed concerns about the incident when asked about potential Chinese espionage. Hedescribed it a “fluke situation,” praising both the Secret Service and the receptionist who stopped the accused, Yujing Zhang. Zhang was charged with making false statements to a federal officer and entering a restricted area on Monday. A detention hearing is scheduled for April 8 and arraignment for April 15. While investigators have not yet revealed conclusive evidence suggesting a link to Chinese espionage, the breach has highlighted long-brewing concerns about security at Mar-a-Lago. The club allows members, their guests and people attending events to enter and move around, even as Trump makes frequent visits to the property.
Gianluigi Buffon is expected to complete his move to Paris Saint-Germain this week after agreeing on a two-year deal, reports Calcio MercatoThe 40-year-old is out of contract at Juventus at the end of this month and had been expected to retire from professional football at the end of this season.However, Buffon held a press conference last month and announced that he would be leaving Juventus after 17 years and confirmed that he had retracted his decision to retire this year.The 2006 World Cup winner has received a numerous amount of offers and is now set to complete his free transfer to PSG this week with an announcement expected either on Tuesday or Wednesday.Fiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.The move will likely see current PSG number one Areola being relegated to the bench, who has now accepted the likely hood of his “idol” joining the Ligue 1 champions.“Buffon is my idol and I could find myself working with him, we’ll see what happens,” he told Telefooot.Reports state that Buffon has agreed to a two-year contract that will see him earn €7m per season plus bonuses and will allow him to take on an ambassadorial role for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Mauricio Pochettino admits his side’s performance was not up to standard despite beating rivals Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford.The Argentine boss doesn’t want his side to get carried away with a result like against Man United, saying they are going to ‘crash’ if they do so.“My mood wasn’t great, I was so disappointed [after Old Trafford],” he explained, as quoted by the Guardian.“We need to improve our performance. I wasn’t happy with the first half.“We need to talk about reality, not perception, and the reality was that in the first half we could concede one, two or three goals.“The team showed character and in the second half we dominated but if we want to fight for big things, it’s about trying to improve.Vidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.“After three games, Watford are over the moon and if we’re not ready and we believe that because we beat Manchester United 3-0, all is fantastic, we are going to crash.“It’s easy to talk about perception.“When you’ve beaten Manchester United 3-0 in Old Trafford, a historic victory, it’s easy to say our performance was fantastic and they were not so good.“But when you watch the game again, the line was very thin. In our last three games, we’ve conceded a lot of chances and Hugo Lloris made an unbelievable save to keep us alive at Old Trafford.“We need to show we are capable over 10 months, not after three games.”
Bayern München’s president Uli Hoeness, wanted to remind everybody that the German giants won’t be favorites vs Borussia Dortmund.If you thought that next weekend will be exciting only because England will have a Derby, Bayern’s president Uli Hoeness was gracious enough to remind everybody that Germany will also have Der Klassiker between the Bavarian squad and Borussia Dortmund.This match is arguably the biggest event in the Bundesliga every year, it usually has the bigger club as the absolute favorite but this season things are going to be very different.Dortmund is currently amongst the most exciting squads in all of Europe, their latest defeat against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League is no indicator of the real level of performance they have brought to the domestic competition this season.Bayern München’s top board members are very aware of how complicated next Saturday’s match will be and they won’t let the illusion of Dortmund’s latest defeat deceive them in any shape or form.The German giants have gotten too many negative results in the current season, this is what will keep them from getting too confident and the perfect excuse for them to go all out against the Bundesliga’s revelation.⭐️ #UCL-Gruppe A nach vier Spielen:1⃣ Borussia Dortmund (9 Pkt.)2. @Atleti (9)3. @ClubBrugge (4)4. @AS_Monaco (1) pic.twitter.com/kyYu0A4XlT— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) November 6, 2018Regardless of how much power Bayern München has for this upcoming Der Klassiker, there is no way to overlook the sensational performances that many of the young talented players Borussia Dortmund have been delivering every single week.Starting with their ‘secret weapon’ Jadon Sancho, the young English international who is already established as one of the best players in Europe after only a few months of constant delivery of stellar performances for his new club.We can also mention the great first season that Moroccan left-back Achraf Hakimi is also having with Borussia Dortmund, the Real Madrid product who is destined to go back to Los Blancos and become the Marcelo replacement the club had been looking for so long.And what can we even say about young sensation Christian Pulisic, an already well-established star inside the club who is arguably amongst the most talented players of his generation and the United States’ best footballer today?All these kids are being led by German winger Marco Reus, an experienced forward who is starting to look like he could be about to have the best season of his career.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.”We have a young squad in transition, and a coach who has to implement his way without completely. You have to have a little patience.”-Uli Hoeness#FCBAEK#UCL[@altobelli13] pic.twitter.com/jbaMVL9cNO— Bavarian Tweets (@BavarianTweets) November 7, 2018All these elements haven’t gone through Bayern’s radar without getting unnoticed, the whole club is worried about next Saturday’s match and president Uli Hoeness already knows how difficult it will be for them to win.“You can’t go to Dortmund and say that you want to secure three points. Dortmund have had a very good season so far, no doubt about it,” said Uli via Goal.“We do not go to Dortmund as favorites, but as underdogs – for the first time in a long time.”“We have to make sure we play a good game there and then we’ll see what happens.”“Don’t always be so negative. The season has just begun, we have a team in transition, a young coach who has to settle in here and you have to be patient,” he added.“Four weeks ago you all complained that the Bundesliga is getting boring again and now it is no longer boring but exciting and now that doesn’t suit you.”“At some point you should agree on what you actually want. We’re doing you a few favors right now.”All what president Uli Hoeneß said in the mixed zone after tonight’s game. pic.twitter.com/ogK6rYxyyI— Bayern & Germany (@iMiaSanMia) November 8, 2018Who will win the next Der Klassiker between Bayern München and Borussia Dortmund? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Croatia defender Dejan Lovren insists he is ready for a fiery clash against England on Sunday.The Three Lions host Croatia in their final group game of the UEFA Nations League and a victory against the World Cup runners-up will guarantee a place in next summer’s semi-finals.The Liverpool defender was part of Croatia’s squad throughout their impressive run to the final of this summer’s World Cup in Russia.Both teams know a win at on Sunday will see them top League A’s Group 4 and advance to the next stage, and Lovren is relishing the prospect of coming up against Gareth Southgate’s side.“It’s a final against England, so of course we will be strong,” he was quoted as saying by The Daily Mirror.“I think it will be a fiery game against them – they know us and what they can expect from us, and we will not run away from that.”Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“I love playing against England. I know the players in the Premier League and I have competed against them.”England and Croatia met earlier in the Nations League as they played out a 0-0 draw last month in Rijeka, and Lovren feels recent history will give Zlatko Dalic’s men plenty of belief.“People criticise me, but they didn’t say much when England didn’t score against us in the last game,” he said.“They will have extra motivation after the World Cup, but I think we will be brave.”“It will not be a friendly. We have beaten Spain and we want to win it now.”Spain will top the group, should England and Croatia play out a draw on Sunday night.