Former Italy football captain Paolo Maldini said Monday he expects to recover “within a week” after being diagnosed with the new coronavirus.Maldini, 51, now the technical director at AC Milan, and his 18-year-old son Daniel, a youth team player, had been in self-isolation at home for two weeks.The team announced on Saturday that they would “remain in quarantine until clinically recovered” from COVID-19. Topics : “Once again, you make us feel proud of being Italian. Thanks again.”Maldini, considered one of the greatest defenders of all time, won five Champions League titles with Milan.All sport in Italy has been suspended until April 3 following the outbreak of a virus which has claimed the lives of over 6,000 people in the country. “With this video I wanted to thank all those people who expressed on social media their love and concern for my and my son’s health,” Maldini said on Instagram.”We’re fine — we should be able to get rid of this virus within a week.”Thanks for your continuing affection.”I wanted to thank all those doctors, nurses, health workers, civil protection and law enforcement officers who are facing this emergency with the utmost professionalism and enormous courage.
January 18, 2019 Governor Wolf Announces $10.5 Million for Preschool Students SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Education, Press Release, Schools That Teach Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced an additional $10.5 million to help preschool-age children transition to kindergarten. The funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services builds on the governor’s commitment to expanding early education for Pennsylvania’s youngest children.“I am committed to investing in young children and their futures,” said Governor Wolf. “That starts by continuing to make early education a priority for Pennsylvania. Supporting children as they move from preschool to kindergarten helps them succeed in the classroom. This early success creates opportunities for them to do well in school for years to come.”Since taking office in 2015, Governor Wolf has successfully worked with the state legislature to expand state-funded preschool by $115 million, adding more than 9,600 slots in Pre-K Counts, and an additional 1,300 in Head Start Supplemental Assistance Program.“Research shows that children with access to high-quality early learning programs go on to perform better in school and beyond,” said Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Secretary Pedro A. Rivera. “By investing in these programs, we are ensuring that students have the building blocks in place to succeed as they enter elementary school.”The Pennsylvania Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) applied for the federal Preschool Development Grant, which will be used to provide professional development for early learning educators and to promote partnerships among early learning providers, community agencies, and school districts to help children prepare for successful transitions from early learning programs to kindergarten. OCDEL is a collaborative effort between PDE and the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS).“Behavioral challenges can make it harder for children to succeed in education, especially when these needs go unidentified and unaddressed. Recognizing behavioral challenges early can help educators work with students so they do not become barriers to academic, social, and emotional development,” said DHS Teresa Secretary Miller. “This grant will allow early education programs around Pennsylvania to better meet the unique and complex needs of children they educate, setting a stronger foundation for success throughout all levels of education.”Funding will also support strategic planning to expand access to behavioral supports for medically eligible children birth to age 5, and recruit coaches currently in ECE programs to participate in a coaching support pilot project.More information about the Commonwealth’s early learning programs is available on the PDE website or the DHS website. Visit the Preschool Development Grant program for more information.
While he may be known for bringing University of Wisconsin football three Rose Bowl titles and as many Big Ten titles as the team’s head coach, Barry Alvarez has had an equally impressive career as athletic director.Since being named Wisconsin athletic director in 2004, Alvarez has guided Wisconsin into position as one of, if not the best, all-around university in the United States for college athletics. In doing so, he was awarded a contract extension today that extends his contract through Jan. 31, 2021.During Alvarez’s tenure as athletic director, UW teams have won 14 national championships, most notably men’s hockey (2006), women’s hockey (2006, 2007, 2009, 2011) and men’s cross country (2005, 2011). Teams have also won a combined 56 conference titles.Aside from on-the-field performance, facility upgrades have been a staple since the former coach was named athletic director. The $86 million Student Athlete Performance Center which broke ground in 2012 was completed in 2014 to give athletes access to practice, workout, health care and now academic facilities with the addition of the Fetzer Center. These also included renovations to Camp Randall Stadium, namely a new scoreboard.$86 million project marks new era for Wisconsin athleticsIn all of 10 paces, one can catch a glimpse into both the past and future of Wisconsin football. Step Read…Significant upgrades were administered to the Mclimmon Complex in 2013 and the Thomas Zimmer Championship Course was completed in 2009 under Alvarez.Monetary compensation for Alvarez has not yet been disclosed at this point.