Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The American Farm Bureau Federation and Ohio Farm Bureau today presented Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) with AFBF’s Golden Plow award. The Golden Plow is the highest honor the organization gives to sitting members of Congress.“Senator Portman is a champion for farmers, particularly on regulatory reform,” said AFBF President Zippy Duvall. As lead sponsor of the Regulatory Accountability Act, he “is working to bring common sense to the federal rule-making process,” Duvall noted. “Farm Bureau is grateful for his dedicated service to agriculture and rural America.”Ohio Farm Bureau endorsed Portman for the award because of his commitment in Congress to issues important to farmers and ranchers. Ohio Farm Bureau appreciates that the senator’s priorities align with those of its members. “Senator Portman has always been an advocate for Ohio’s farmers,” said Frank Burkett III, president, Ohio Farm Bureau. “His leadership on issues such as regulatory reform is appreciated and valued. When Farm Bureau members need to talk, Senator Portman is always ready to listen.” Portman currently serves on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Finance Committee, Foreign Relations Committee, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Joint Economic Committee. Portman’s work in the Senate includes strong advocacy for tax reform and leadership in eliminating the UBIT provision from the Senate tax reform bill. He also knows how important export markets are to the farm economy, especially now, as a surplus of commodities continues to put pressure on the prices farmers receive. Portman is a former U.S. Trade Representative under President George H.W. Bush. He served in the U.S. House from 1993 to 2005. AFBF’s Golden Plow award recognizes members of Congress who exemplify agricultural leadership and support of Farm Bureau policies. Recipients are chosen for having a philosophy or record that demonstrates a commitment to sound agricultural policies supported by Farm Bureau, the private enterprise system, fiscal conservatism and reduced federal regulation of businesses and individuals.
Adam Gilchrist rolled back years to come up with a superlative century helping his team to an impressive 111-run win against Bangalore during the 63rd IPL match on Tuesday. Score | PhotosBatting at the picturesque Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium in Dharamsala on Tuesday, he and countryman Shaun Marsh also put up the highest T20 partnership scoring a massive 206 runs for the second wicket.In the face of a daunting 233-run target, Bangalore lost the plot early.Opener Chris Gayle went back without opening his account to a Ryan Harris ball in the second over and soon one-down batsman Virat Kohli followed in the fourth over. He became Harris’s second victim when the total was 17/2.The other opener Saurabh Tiwary departed on the last ball of the sixth over off Shalabh Srivastava and the next over saw Asad Pathan walk back, caught David Hussey, bowled Paul valthaty when the team total was 43/4.Mohammad Kaif was the next to take a walk. A turner off leggie Piyush Chawla beat him and Gilchrist removed the bails in a jiffy. He was the fifth wicket to fall from the Bangalore camp and the score at the time of his departure was 72.Chawla then came around to get rid of Arun Karthik AB de Villiers to reduce Bangalore to 89/7.With seven wicket back in the dugout, the rest was easy for the Punjab bowlers who quickly wrapped up the tail emerging triumphant by 111 runs with three overs to spare.Punjab inningsPunjab skipper Adam Gilchrist hit a century helping his team 232 against Bangalore – the highest total of IPL-4.advertisementCaptain Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh, who remained unbeaten on 79, scored 206 runs for the second wicket – the highest in T20s so far. Earlier, Punjab captain Adam Gilchrist won the toss and elected to bat in this 63th IPL match of the season.Despite a good start, they lost their opener Paul Valthaty to a Charl Langeveldt ball in the fourth over when the team total was 25.But post that wicket, the two Aussies, Adam Gilchrist and Shaun Marsh got going against the Bangalore bowlers. Soon the run rate shot up to more than 10 an over and by the 10th over the Punjab total was an impressive 99/1.The two started dealing in boundaries and over-the-fence shots making the opposition – Bangalore, table-toppers in the IPL so far, look like a team of novice players. Chris Gayle, who has been impressive both with the bat and the ball this season, too could not much for the team’s cause as the two Aussies went about their business with ease.Punjab crossed the 200-run mark in the 17th over off Johan van der Wath that witnessed as many as 16 runs being scored in it. A much better performance by Van der Wath compared to his last over that went for 30 runs.Gilchrist went on to complete his first IPL-4 century hitting a four off Charl Langeveldt on the second ball of the last over.But the captain’s innings came to a tame end on the penultimate ball of the innings when he prodded an away moving ball to Chris Gayle at short third man. His 106-run innings came off just 55 balls and was decorated with eight four and nine over-the-fence shot.The Gilchrist-Marsh 206-run partnership proved to be the highest in all T20s so far. And the score 232 was the highest of this IPL season. Marsh remained unbeaten on 79.
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Crystal Palace chairman Parish: These kids set to follow Wan-Bissaka…by Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace chairman Steve Parish is delighted with the progress of their young players.Parish expects more to follow Aaron Wan-Bissaka into manager Roy Hodgson’s first team.He told the club’s website, “…our U23s and U18s both won their respective leagues, which were brilliant achievements for our Academy. “Aaron’s progress through the ranks has been something to celebrate, but he’s not the only one to force his way into Roy’s plans. Sam Woods and Ryan Innis made their first team debuts, whilst James Daly, Nya Kirby and Giovanni McGregor have made the first team bench this year. It is an exciting time to be a young player in our Academy.”
SANAA – A senior operative from al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula movement conceded Sunday that movement fighters had committed mistakes during an early December attack on Yemeni Defense Ministry headquarters that left 52 civilians and military personnel dead and more than 167 others injured.“We did not aim to target civilians at the Defense Ministry complex hospital,” Qassem al-Rimi said. “We shoulder full responsibility for the problems that happened and we are ready to pay compensation for this,” he added in a video on the website of the movement.The December 5 violence erupted after roughly 70 militants stormed the Defense Ministry building and fought with army soldiers inside the ministry. Many of the fatalities involved doctors and medics working in the ministry’s hospital in the compound. Al-Rimi asserted his movement had not instructed its militants to target doctors in the ministry’s hospital.“This attack does not express the ideas of the movement,” al-Rimi said in the video.He said movement leaders had told the attackers to avoid attacking prayer houses and the hospital inside the ministry’s complex, but one of the attackers did not mind this piece of information.“Attacking hospitals had never been an al-Qaeda tactic,” al-Rimi said. “There are many Defense Ministry hospitals in the country, but we never attacked them, although none of them is well guarded,” he added.He said the attack had primarily targeted the Defense Ministry command, which according to him, had turned into an operations room for US drone attacks against Yemenis.
Two days after saying he would play in the London Olympics despite a serious eye injury, San Antonio Spurs star guard Tony Parker recants that prediction and says not playing is very much a possibility.Parker was caught in the middle of the now-infamous fight involving singer Chris Brown and members of hip-hop star Drake’s entourage.Parker’s cornea was scratched in the fight, and he had surgery to remove a shard that had ”penetrated 99 percent” of his left eye.”I almost lost my eye,” Parker said in an interview posted on his website Sunday.He did not join the rest of France’s team Wednesday and will see a specialist in New York when he is cleared to take long-haul flights after July 5.”I’m seeing a specialist in New York with the hope of being given the all clear to play in the Olympic Games,” Parker said. ”Spurs are very worried.”Anything can happen, including me being out of the Olympics. The decision doesn’t belong to me anymore. It’s in the hands of the doctor and San Antonio.”Parker said he has been having hallucinations and been unable to leave his hotel room for eight days because of the risk of infection. He also has to apply five different products into his eye every two hours.”Fear sets in,” Parker said of being told he would have to undergo surgery. ”An eye is so fragile. … I couldn’t believe it. But that’s life. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.”I didn’t have luck, but I came out well from my misfortune. It could have been worse. The rest of my career is not in question. I just have to wait for the injury to heal itself.”Chris Brown, his girlfriend and his bodyguard were among eight injured during the fight inside the W.i.P club in SoHo on June 15. Police say members of Drake’s entourage stopped Brown as he was leaving. The fight escalated and bottles were thrown.Parker is suing the New York City club for $20 million.
AC Milan look set to begin proceedings to sign current head coach Gennaro Gattuso to a new contract ahead of their derby against arch-rivals Inter MilanSince replacing the fired Vincenzo Montella back in November, Gattuso has overseen an upturn in form for Milan and they have been unbeaten domestically in 2018.The former youth coach was promoted, despite no prior experience, and now taken lead Milan back into the race for a possible Champions League spot in the Serie A standings.“When we open our eggs this Easter, we’re going to find Gennaro Gattuso’s renewal inside,” said Milan’s sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli, according to The 42.Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.“I’ve been telling you for some time, although perhaps you only know him as a player, that Rino (Gattuso) is already an important coach and in the future will be one of the best in the world, so it’s only right that Milan keep hold of him.“We are working to start a new era with Gattuso, because we believe he is the right coach for a Milan that must be a protagonist over the next few years.“We all want it (contract), Rino like all of us, we just need to find the right time to do what we have to do.”
Everton boss Maco Silva has allowed Kieran Dowell to join Sheffield United on loan for the rest of the season but said the club would fight to keep hold of Idrissa Gana Gueye even as Paris Saint-Germain targets him.When asked about the PSG interest on the defender, Silva said as was quoted in the Guardian.“I have heard nothing about that but Gana is an important player for our squad,” Silva said.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“We don’t want to lose him.”Silva doesn’t plan for a busy transfer window but prefers to conduct business in summer.“January is always a difficult market; sometimes you only need it if you have a bad injury or something special happens. The perfect decision would be one player to come and improve our squad but we have to be 100%, or at least 95%, sure that the signing would make an improvement,” Silva added.
Both Real Betis and Club America have announced that 18-year old Diego Lainez, has signed a new contract with the Spanish club.In what can arguably be considered one of the best news of the year for Mexican football, young talent Diego Lainez has been announced as the newest transfer for Real Betis from the Spanish La Liga.At only 18-years of age, this player has been permanently linked to several clubs in European football which included the likes of Ajax, Manchester City, AS Roma, Olympique Lyonnais among others.Apart from Hirving ‘Chucky’ Lozano, this player has an incredible set of skills that place him at the very top amongst the most promising players of his generation and Club America new perfectly that they couldn’t hold him at the Mexican club for much longer.Despite the efforts of possibly keeping him for another semester, logic finally prevailed and the Liga MX champions accepted an offer for €15 million that was made official effective immediately.Both Club America and Real Betis announced the transfer just hours ago, they both celebrated this massive decision from one of the most talented Mexican players in recent history.Diego Lainez has been analyzed by our experts at Ronaldo.com already, this is a winger with skills that are very similar to those of great young talents such as Justin Kluivert from AS Roma, Vinicius Junior from Real Madrid, and even a young Neymar from his days at Santos FC.¡Viva México, cabrones! 🇲🇽😎🤙#Lainez2024 pic.twitter.com/AINUQKzYLT— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) January 10, 2019When the rumors first started rolling around in several news outlets, there was a feeling that a major club in Europe could’ve decided to snatch him up from America but that would’ve possibly stopped his development to become a world-class player.To those who do not remember, Lainez was the MVP of the traditional Toulon Tournament that usually has featured some of the best players in the world at a very early age and he reached the final with Mexico but lost it against England.But that tournament was the beginning of an incredible journey that would eventually take Lainez to make this decision to give his first crack at European football in the Spanish La Liga, the youngster understood that coming to a club that wasn’t amongst the best in the continent but had a good reputation would be the way to go about things.In fact, there is actually no better squad than Quique Setien’s Real Betis for Diego Lainez to begin his career.The Spanish manager has always valued skill over physical prowess and he has never minded that his players are not very tall, only that they know what to do with the ball when they have to create chances in the last third of the pitch.Match Preview: Barcelona vs Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Is derby time in La Liga, as Barcelona welcomes Valencia to the Camp Nou Stadium tonight at 21:00 (CET).📣 OFICIAL | El #RealBetis y el @ClubAmerica acuerdan el traspaso de Diego Lainez 👋🇲🇽😃➡ https://t.co/12N0KFYnTg#Lainez2024 pic.twitter.com/sCzYWgK6pz— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) January 10, 2019Diego Lainez is already fixing every little detail that will get him sorted to make the trip, he should be in Spain in the following couple of days and he might even make his debut on Sunday when Real Betis plays against Real Madrid in La Liga.Playing his first-ever match in Spain against the current European champion would be a fitting way to start his career in the continent, Diego Lainez has always been a player who seems destined to do great things.Let us not forget that this player managed to become a regular for Miguel Herrera last season during the playoffs, and the bet resulted in Club America winning their 13th title in history.The youngster sent all the Real Betis fans a message through Twitter after the announcement was made: “I am very happy to be a part of Betis and it’s a very beautiful opportunity for everybody,” said Lainez on the Real Betis official website.“I’ve been told a great deal about the supporters here and that makes me very happy. I accept this challenge and I love all the passion there is at Betis.”“I am also very happy to be a part of this new project that has many quality players and top technical staff,” he concluded.¡Bienvenido a la familia bética, @DiegoLainez10! 🤗⚽✨#Lainez2024 pic.twitter.com/ykKyWnbbkm— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) January 10, 2019How do you think Diego Lainez will do on his first season at Real Betis? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, July 24, 2017 – Inagua – Over 80 Haitian migrants were apprehended in the southern Bahamas Thursday afternoon during an exercise carried out jointly by the Royal Bahamas Defence Force, Immigration authorities, and U.S.-led Operation Bahamas and Turks and Caicos (OPBAT).Shortly after 7:00 pm Thursday, an American sailing vessel with suspected migrants aboard was spotted aground by an OPBAT helicopter in waters off Little Inagua. Just over 30 migrants were transported from the wreck and Little Inagua Island to Great Inagua with the assistance of an OPBAT helicopter.The Defence Force patrol craft, HMBS Arthur Dion Hanna under the command of Lieutenant Commander Berne Wright, also participated in the migrant operation and was assisted by Defence Force Marines stationed at HMBS Matthew Town in Great Inagua in apprehending an additional 56 migrants off Little Inagua.Just under 20 of the migrants were flown out of Great Inagua to the capital on Saturday for medical attention. The remainder will be transported to the Capital where they will be turned over to Immigration officials for further processing.The Royal Bahamas Defence Force remains committed to defending the territorial integrity of The Bahamas and keeping our borders secured and waters safe.(For further information please contact the RBDF Public Relations Department or visit our website: www.rbdf.gov.bs, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and view our Youtube channel) -rbdf-#GuardOurHeritagePress Release: RBDF Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville insists Liverpool are streets ahead of his old club following their 3-1 loss to the Reds at Anfield.The loss to Jurgen Klopp’s side has left the Red Devils, who are currently in sixth place, a huge 19 points off the top of the Premier League table, while they remain 11 points behind fourth placed Chelsea, who occupy the final UEFA Champions League spot.Neville hit out at his former club after the North-West derby in Merseyside, claiming the team do not have a central midfielder who is capable of picking a pass in the opposition’s half.Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“Liverpool are streets ahead. Streets. Not one of the United midfielders can pass a football. Not one of them,” Neville said, according to Sports Mole.“I find it staggering. United were awful. They were hanging in there for a bit but the only real team who were going to win the game was Liverpool. It’s not good enough.”United have won just seven of their 17 games in the league so far this season, and travel to Wales next weekend to face Cardiff City looking to return to winning ways.