first_imgChelsea midfielder Cesc on emotional farewell: This career goes so fastby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has spoken of his final game before joining AS Monaco.The midfielder was handed a rare start and given the captain’s armband for his final appearance in a blue shirt for the FA Cup win over Nottingham Forest.Fabregas missed a first-half penalty but Maurizio Sarri’s side ran out 2-0 winners thanks to Alvaro Morata’s double.The Blues boss withdrew Fabregas in the closing minutes so supporters could give the Spaniard a deserved send off after 198 games for the club.”Time flies,” said Fabregas. “It feels like last week that I started playing professionally and now it’s more than 15 years.”It goes so fast and you have to be ready every three days, for the criticism with everyone saying how good you are and the ups and downs.”It feels like growing older it never goes away it is technique. Physicality goes away. Technicality stays with you.”Nottingham Forest keeper Luke Steele denied Fabregas the perfect send off when he kept out the former Arsenal man’s spot-kick.Fabregas added: “I saw the keeper going down in the middle of the run and I thought I had it. It was unfortunate.”The day I got 100 caps for Spain I also missed a penalty, so it was destiny.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

first_imgCALGARY – TransCanada Corp. says it has confirmed strong commercial support for its controversial Keystone XL pipeline.The company says it has concluded an open season for the pipeline project with roughly 500,000 barrels per day of firm, 20-year commitments.TransCanada says interest in the project remains strong and it will look to continue to secure additional long-term contracted volumes.In November, Nebraska regulators approved a route for the pipeline though the state, but not the company’s preferred choice, instead shifting the path away from sensitive ecological areas.TransCanada (TSX:TRP) says it’s working with landowners to obtain the necessary agreements for the approved route.It says construction preparation has started and will increase as the permitting process advances throughout this year, with primary construction expected to begin in 2019.last_img read more

first_imgGRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – The Grande Prairie RCMP are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 52-year-old Dennis Whitcomb.According to RCMP, Whitcomb was last seen in the Grande Prairie area on June 19, 2019.Whitcomb is being described as: Male5’5″ in heightWeighing 195 lbsGrey hairPolice say there is a concern for his well-being.Anyone with information regarding Whitcomb’s whereabouts is being asked to call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.last_img read more

first_imgKolkata: A day when noted Bengal mountaineer Dipankar Ghosh went missing while he was coming down after scaling Mount Makalu in Nepal, the state government sent a two-member team to supervise the search operation for Kuntal Karar and Biplab Baidya on Kanchenjunga expedition who were feared dead after rescue operation to bring them down proved futile.”The two-member team comprising an official from the state Youth Affairs department and mountaineer Debdas Adhikary has already reached Kathmandu. They will supervise search operation of Kuntal, Biplab as well as Dipankar who went missing on Friday,” said Ujjal Ray, a member of the advisory committee of the state Youth Affairs department. As informed to Ray by Seven Summits agency which was overseeing the expedition of Dipankar, the latter had successfully scaled the fifth highest peak of the world but while descending to the base camp went missing. Mingma Sherpa who was with Ghosh claimed that when he was last seen, the mountaineer was fit and was instructing him to help another Indian team after an Indian member in the expedition died due to weather conditions. Indian Army officer Narayan Singh had died at camp four on Thursday night while climbing down from the 8485-metre peak. Singh had joined the Army in 2002 and hailed from Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand. He is survived by his wife and three young children. According to sources, the expedition lost track of Ghosh after he failed to reach the summit camp. The Nepal government has launched search operations to locate Ghosh but adverse weather conditions have become a barrier. Known as one of the most outstanding mountaineers, Dipankar Ghosh has undertaken 47 mountaineering expeditions, including Mount Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Kanchenjunga, Mt Annapurna-I, Mt Manaslu, Mt Dhaulagiri, and Mt Cho Oyu. A resident of Bally in Howrah, Dipankar had left his residence on May 8 for the expedition. Mt. Makalu is considered amongst the most dangerous and challenging peaks to summit. It may be mentioned that Ramesh Ray and Rudraprasad Halder who had fallen sick during the Kanchenjanga expedition were airlifted and brought to the base camp on Thursday afternoon.last_img read more

first_imgGianluigi Buffon is expected to complete his move to Paris Saint-Germain this week after agreeing on a two-year deal, reports Calcio MercatoThe 40-year-old is out of contract at Juventus at the end of this month and had been expected to retire from professional football at the end of this season.However, Buffon held a press conference last month and announced that he would be leaving Juventus after 17 years and confirmed that he had retracted his decision to retire this year.The 2006 World Cup winner has received a numerous amount of offers and is now set to complete his free transfer to PSG this week with an announcement expected either on Tuesday or Wednesday.Franck Ribery, FiorentinaFiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.The move will likely see current PSG number one Areola being relegated to the bench, who has now accepted the likely hood of his “idol” joining the Ligue 1 champions.“Buffon is my idol and I could find myself working with him, we’ll see what happens,” he told Telefooot.Reports state that Buffon has agreed to a two-year contract that will see him earn €7m per season plus bonuses and will allow him to take on an ambassadorial role for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.last_img read more

first_imgMauricio Pochettino admits his side’s performance was not up to standard despite beating rivals Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford.The Argentine boss doesn’t want his side to get carried away with a result like against Man United, saying they are going to ‘crash’ if they do so.“My mood wasn’t great, I was so disappointed [after Old Trafford],” he explained, as quoted by the Guardian.“We need to improve our performance. I wasn’t happy with the first half.“We need to talk about reality, not perception, and the reality was that in the first half we could concede one, two or three goals.“The team showed character and in the second half we dominated but if we want to fight for big things, it’s about trying to improve.Cristiano Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidic, Manchester UnitedVidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.“After three games, Watford are over the moon and if we’re not ready and we believe that because we beat Manchester United 3-0, all is fantastic, we are going to crash.“It’s easy to talk about perception.“When you’ve beaten Manchester United 3-0 in Old Trafford, a historic victory, it’s easy to say our performance was fantastic and they were not so good.“But when you watch the game again, the line was very thin. In our last three games, we’ve conceded a lot of chances and Hugo Lloris made an unbelievable save to keep us alive at Old Trafford.“We need to show we are capable over 10 months, not after three games.”last_img read more

first_imgEverton boss Maco Silva has allowed Kieran Dowell to join Sheffield United on loan for the rest of the season but said the club would fight to keep hold of Idrissa Gana Gueye even as Paris Saint-Germain targets him.When asked about the PSG interest on the defender, Silva said as was quoted in the Guardian.“I have heard nothing about that but Gana is an important player for our squad,” Silva said.Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“We don’t want to lose him.”Silva doesn’t plan for a busy transfer window but prefers to conduct business in summer.“January is always a difficult market; sometimes you only need it if you have a bad injury or something special happens. The perfect decision would be one player to come and improve our squad but we have to be 100%, or at least 95%, sure that the signing would make an improvement,” Silva added.last_img read more

first_imgBoth Real Betis and Club America have announced that 18-year old Diego Lainez, has signed a new contract with the Spanish club.In what can arguably be considered one of the best news of the year for Mexican football, young talent Diego Lainez has been announced as the newest transfer for Real Betis from the Spanish La Liga.At only 18-years of age, this player has been permanently linked to several clubs in European football which included the likes of Ajax, Manchester City, AS Roma, Olympique Lyonnais among others.Apart from Hirving ‘Chucky’ Lozano, this player has an incredible set of skills that place him at the very top amongst the most promising players of his generation and Club America new perfectly that they couldn’t hold him at the Mexican club for much longer.Despite the efforts of possibly keeping him for another semester, logic finally prevailed and the Liga MX champions accepted an offer for €15 million that was made official effective immediately.Both Club America and Real Betis announced the transfer just hours ago, they both celebrated this massive decision from one of the most talented Mexican players in recent history.Diego Lainez has been analyzed by our experts at Ronaldo.com already, this is a winger with skills that are very similar to those of great young talents such as Justin Kluivert from AS Roma, Vinicius Junior from Real Madrid, and even a young Neymar from his days at Santos FC.¡Viva México, cabrones! 🇲🇽😎🤙#Lainez2024 pic.twitter.com/AINUQKzYLT— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) January 10, 2019When the rumors first started rolling around in several news outlets, there was a feeling that a major club in Europe could’ve decided to snatch him up from America but that would’ve possibly stopped his development to become a world-class player.To those who do not remember, Lainez was the MVP of the traditional Toulon Tournament that usually has featured some of the best players in the world at a very early age and he reached the final with Mexico but lost it against England.But that tournament was the beginning of an incredible journey that would eventually take Lainez to make this decision to give his first crack at European football in the Spanish La Liga, the youngster understood that coming to a club that wasn’t amongst the best in the continent but had a good reputation would be the way to go about things.In fact, there is actually no better squad than Quique Setien’s Real Betis for Diego Lainez to begin his career.The Spanish manager has always valued skill over physical prowess and he has never minded that his players are not very tall, only that they know what to do with the ball when they have to create chances in the last third of the pitch.FC Barcelona, Valencia CFMatch Preview: Barcelona vs Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Is derby time in La Liga, as Barcelona welcomes Valencia to the Camp Nou Stadium tonight at 21:00 (CET).📣 OFICIAL | El #RealBetis y el @ClubAmerica acuerdan el traspaso de Diego Lainez 👋🇲🇽😃➡ https://t.co/12N0KFYnTg#Lainez2024 pic.twitter.com/sCzYWgK6pz— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) January 10, 2019Diego Lainez is already fixing every little detail that will get him sorted to make the trip, he should be in Spain in the following couple of days and he might even make his debut on Sunday when Real Betis plays against Real Madrid in La Liga.Playing his first-ever match in Spain against the current European champion would be a fitting way to start his career in the continent, Diego Lainez has always been a player who seems destined to do great things.Let us not forget that this player managed to become a regular for Miguel Herrera last season during the playoffs, and the bet resulted in Club America winning their 13th title in history.The youngster sent all the Real Betis fans a message through Twitter after the announcement was made: “I am very happy to be a part of Betis and it’s a very beautiful opportunity for everybody,” said Lainez on the Real Betis official website.“I’ve been told a great deal about the supporters here and that makes me very happy. I accept this challenge and I love all the passion there is at Betis.”“I am also very happy to be a part of this new project that has many quality players and top technical staff,” he concluded.¡Bienvenido a la familia bética, @DiegoLainez10! 🤗⚽✨#Lainez2024 pic.twitter.com/ykKyWnbbkm— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) January 10, 2019How do you think Diego Lainez will do on his first season at Real Betis? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.last_img read more

first_imgThe Act reads: “To prohibit strikes by certain public employees; to provide review from disciplinary action with respect thereto; to provide for the mediation of grievances and the holding of elections; to declare and protect the rights and privileges of public employees; to require certain provisions in collective bargaining agreements; to prescribe means of enforcement and penalties for the violation of the provisions of this act; and to make appropriations.” Official election results will come to City Council for certification on March 26. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享City of Seward voters have approved a employee relations measure in the unofficial results from Tuesday’s special election. If adopted, Public Employment Relations Act would oversee the organization of public employees in the City of Seward instead of the city council. In the unofficial results released on March 19; 129 voters were in favor, 107 were opposed.center_img In addition to the votes cast on election day, there are 47 absentee in person ballots and 5 questioned ballots to be counted by the Canvass Board on Thursday, March 21, at 1:00 p.m. in Council Chambers. All public is invited to attend. The question put before the voters was: Currently, the Public Employment Relations Act (“the Act”) does not apply to City of Seward employees.  Voting “yes” would repeal the ordinance which exempts the City from the Act.   So a “yes” vote would mean that the Act would apply to City Employees, and a “no” vote would keep the current situation. Seward long ago opted out of the Public Employment Relations Act, which meant the Seward City Council had control over the city’s labor policy, which includes employee organizing activity.last_img read more