– Advertisement – Twitter and Facebook on Tuesday suspended several recently created and mostly right-leaning news accounts posting information about voting in the hotly contested US election for violating their policies.Twitter said the accounts had been suspended for violating its policy against “coordination” by posting identical content while appearing independent or engaging in other covertly automated behaviour.- Advertisement – Other accounts suspended by Twitter included FJNewsReporter, Crisis_Intel and Faytuks. Some of the accounts in the past suggested that readers follow the others.Facebook also suspended several accounts behind US-based pages called SV News and FJ News, citing inauthentic behaviour. The SV page had more than 20,000 followers.Some of the suspended accounts were closely read by the media in Russia, which has been accused of meddling in the 2016 election. Both SVNewsAlerts and Faytuks, which had only 11,000 followers, have had their tweets highlighted dozens of times in state-controlled Sputnik and RT, as observed by researcher Chris Scott and confirmed by Reuters.- Advertisement – One of those suspended, SVNewsAlerts, had more than 78,000 Twitter followers, after adding more than 10,000 in the past week.The account frequently warned of election-related unrest and highlighted issues with voting safety and reliability. It pointed to fraud claims about Democrats and called attention to Republican President Donald Trump’s rallies and speeches.In fact, few if any major disruptions were reported at polling sites on Tuesday as civil liberties groups and law enforcement were on high alert for any interference with voters.- Advertisement – Even as social media companies took action, false or exaggerated reports about voting fraud and delays at the polls circulated throughout the day, in some cases helped along by official Republican accounts and online publications.The FBI and the New York attorney general also said they were looking into a spate of mysterious robocalls urging people to stay home, which were reported in multiple battleground states.Twitter appended fact-checking labels to multiple tweets from the @PhillyGOP account, which was among those using the hashtag #StopTheSteal. The Philadelphia Republican Party did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment on the Twitter labels.Far-right sites Breitbart and The Gateway Pundit both published articles claiming “the steal is on” in Pennsylvania that racked up thousands of shares on Facebook and Twitter.#StopTheSteal spiked from a few dozen mentions to more than 2,000 mentions over a 15-minute period in the morning, according to media intelligence firm Zignal Labs.Zignal said unfounded claims about closed polling stations and excessively long lines in Republican-leaning areas in Pennsylvania, one of the most closely contested states, received more than 33,000 mentions on Twitter.Alex Stamos, former chief technology officer of Facebook and now director of the Stanford Internet Observatory, told reporters there were coordinated efforts to deliberately blow some problems out of proportion.“Specifically in Pennsylvania – to say this example is a demonstration of something nefarious going on, and not just the kind of random mistake that happens all the time,” he said on a call organised by the Election Integrity Partnership.In one video shared widely among conservative audiences, including by both of Trump’s sons, a Trump poll-watcher was seen being turned away from a site. The video was viewed 2.5 million times on Twitter.Philadelphia officials investigated and concluded the man had mistakenly been barred under an expired law, which required authorisation to enter a specific polling spot. He was then admitted.Followers of the conspiracy movement QAnon also spread the Pennsylvania reports, according to researchers at misinformation tracking firm Alethea Group.© Thomson Reuters 2020Are iPhone 12 mini, HomePod mini the Perfect Apple Devices for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
Share StumbleUpon Related Articles Speaking to Kindred Group investors and corporate stakeholders, CEO Henrik Tjärnström described 2016 as a transformative year for the enlarged operator which has successfully incorporated new assets and expanded its existing verticals.Closing his firm’s most successful year in business, Tjärnström states that 15-brand Kindred Group (formerly Unibet Group Plc) has achieved its long-term goal of becoming a ‘true European online gambling enterprise’. Tjärnström states that his firm’s multi-brand strategy has been effective at not only entering new markets but more importantly targeting dynamic and unique audiences, strengthening Kindred position within the saturated online betting/gaming sectors.As Kindred leader, Tjärnström highlights the importance of his firm’s proprietary platform, which he states has been able to effectively scale up Kindred’s newly acquired assets and their customers, while being able to intake the group’s aggressive multi-brand strategy.The tacit benefits of a multi-brand strategy combined with the firm’s focus on effective proprietary development has seen Kindred create one of the industry’s most unique companies. Tjärnström further points that Kindred capabilities and corporate strategy cannot be simply copied by competitors, as Kindred is now a ‘one of a kind’ enterprise within the ultra-saturated online gambling sector,Entering 2017, Tjärnström stated that Kindred will seek to relocate its London, Malta and Gibraltar divisions into new offices with the operator continuing its focus on in-house development and with a view of attracting top talent and creating best-in-class experiences. Unibet backs #GoRacingGreen as lead racing charity July 28, 2020 Share Kindred marks fastest route to ‘normal trading’ as it delivers H1 growth July 24, 2020 Submit Kindred: Spelinspektionen has failed in its management of Swedish marketplace June 11, 2020
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error “Sick of it? No, it’s to be expected,” he said. “We’ve got like, what, 28 guys down there? We know it’s going to ring. We’ve just got to try to be ready for it.”Since it’s September, and teams are allowed to carry up to 40 players on their active roster, the bullpen parade hardly made a dent in the Dodgers’ arsenal.Of the 34 players active for Wednesday’s game, 13 were relievers. How will they all fit in the visiting clubhouses in Miami, New York and Phoenix on an impending 10-game road trip? That’s for clubhouse manager Mitch Poole to figure out.Convoluted though it may be, the Dodgers have tapped into a successful formula. Their five-game winning streak is one short of their season high. The last four wins were started by rookie pitchers, something that’s never happened in the history of a franchise that joined the National League in 1890.“I feel more comfortable today than I did yesterday,” manager Dave Roberts said. “Hopefully I feel better on Friday.” LOS ANGELES >> How many pitchers does it take to win a division?On a day when the San Francisco Giants sent nine men to the mound in a deflating defeat, the Dodgers extended their lead in the National League West to a season-high five games by beating the Arizona Diamondbacks 3-1.The Dodgers used eight pitchers of their own. That tied a team record for a nine-inning game.Four of the pitchers, including left-hander Grant Dayton, only faced one batter. By the end of the night Dayton had grown accustomed to the sound of the bullpen phone ringing. Rookie right-hander Brock Stewart (1-2) allowed one run in five innings to secure his first major league victory. Only a stroke of bad luck separated him, and the Dodgers, from a possible shutout.The Diamondbacks scored their only run in the first inning when second baseman Charlie Culberson couldn’t hold on to a sinking pop fly near the right-field foul line. The ball was ruled fair and A.J. Pollock scored from first base on the play.Stewart rebounded with four scoreless innings, pitching to contact. He walked two batters and struck out only one, on his 79th and final pitch.“I found out today that I can pitch here without my best stuff,” Stewart said. “That’s definitely a confidence boost.”The Dodgers scored twice in the bottom of the first to take a 2-1 lead.Corey Seager hit his 39th double of the season, which is tied for the National Legaue lead, to drive in Howie Kendrick with the Dodgers’ first run. Seager went to third base on a wild pitch by Robbie Ray (7-13) and scored on a sacrifice fly by Yasiel Puig.Puig homered in the sixth inning, crushing a 1-1 slider from Ray to provide the final score.He only threw eight pitches, but Dayton might have single-handedly guaranteed his playoff share Wednesday. With two outs in the seventh inning, the bases were full of Diamondbacks for Jake Lamb — a .164 batter against left-handed pitchers this season.So Arizona manager Chip Hale pulled Lamb in favor of a right-handed pinch hitter, Rickie Weeks. After fouling off a couple pitches, Weeks swung and missed at a 91-mph fastball. Dayton and catcher Carlos Ruiz both pumped their fists as they left the field.Pedro Baez pitched a scoreless eighth and Kenley Jansen a scoreless ninth for his 43rd save of the year.For the Dodgers, Stewart represents only one cog in a remarkably well-functioning wheel. Their youth movement is paying dividends quickly; Jose De Leon won his first major league game Sunday — and might start again on the road trip.But win No. 1 was special. Stewart was still hoping to get the game ball when he spoke to reporters at his locker after the game.“I’ll probably leave it at my parents’ house,” the 24-year-old said. “When I settle down later in life I’ll get all those souvenirs and probably make a nice case.”